February 10, 2015

WHEN YOUR HAIR IS WHITE WITH AGE...

"...I have created you and cared for you since you
were born.  I will be your God through all your
lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with 
age.  I made you and I will care for you.  I will 
carry you along and be your Savior."
(Isaiah 46:3b-4, TLB)

Ever since I found this verse it has been a great comfort to me.  It reminds me that the God who created me loves me just the way I am (Romans 8:38-39).  He does not get impatient or angry with me when my mind can't process things as quickly as it once did, and He never misconstrues the things I say, because He knows the thoughts and intents of my heart (1 Samuel 16:7).  However the world may look upon me at this stage of my life, I am still the apple of His eye, and never too old to crawl into His lap for comfort (Matthew 11:28). When I start indulging in "what ifs" and become fearful of facing the future alone, He reminds me that He is always there with me, caring for me and carrying me along (Psalm 139:3-6).  It makes me want to fall on my knees and thank Him for all that He is, and all that He has done.

No comments: