January 15, 2016

THE DAY GOD SENT ME FLOWERS



(This post is from my personal blog, Glimpses of God's Grace.)

Today I was feeling discouraged about the pain in my heel, the doors that have unexpectedly closed in my face, and all the things in my life that aren't the way I'd like them to be.  It was also the day God cheered me up by sending me flowers.

 You see, last October, when a friend's daughter was recovering from serious surgery, I was able to lend a helping hand by driving her son to school, and my God who sees the end from the beginning, knew way back then that a January morning was coming when I could use a happy surprise.  And so it was, that on this particular day, instead of any other, He laid it on my friends' heart to bring me a beautiful bouquet of roses to thank me for what I had done. 

1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

I love the way these things work Sandy. God IS good. xo