February 22, 2009

WHY THIS BLOG

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who trusts in Him!"
(Psalm 34:8)

Good news is for sharing, not for keeping to one's self, and my heart is full of things I would like to share about God's goodness, how He has worked in my life, and most of all, his great love for you and me.

At first I wanted to call this blog Streams of Living Water, and even had a great graphic picked out. I wanted to jump right in and share some things I've been learning that have brought the Scriptures alive in a way I'd never experienced before, but it seems the Lord had different plans, and if I've learned anything on this journey through life, it's been that even when His way is not my way, it always turns out to be the best way.

The streams of living water may be where the action takes place, but before we can jump in, we need to be transformed, and that all starts at the foot of the cross when you lay your burdens down.

At the foot of the cross there is mercy and grace. There is forgiveness, healing, and deliverance. This is the place where the slate gets wiped clean and you can have a fresh start. All you have to do is believe it, and receive it.

Thank you so much for stopping by. May you be richly blessed, encouraged, and filled with hope as you stay and visit for a while.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Good for you.
Cannot wait.

JulieMom said...

What a lovely post! I will look forward to your future contributions! And I love how the header turned out. Nice pic!

Anonymous said...

It looks very good. It also looks difficult to set up. More power to you - His power in getting it all together. I like having choice of songs on the sidebar. I don't always want music, also.

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

I love what you are doing. What a beautiful tribute of your love for God. He truly is to be praised and I appreciate that you are doing just that.

girl with a flower tattoo said...

Grace is a beautiful gift, one so simple and yet amazingly powerful. I don't fully understand this gift, I believe that is how it's suppose to remain: a mystery of God; but slowly I am beginning to accept this gift and lay my burdens at the foot of the cross. When Christ tells us to have faith like a child it isn't necessarily because of a child's innocence but because of their willingness to accept that which they do not understand, especially if it is a "present."

Your blog is coming along nicely and I look forward to future posts. I have always respected your thoughts on Faith and love hearing your experiences. I'm happy mom & dad selected you as my spiritual mother as you have many experiences to relate and your faith is strong - for this, I admire you greatly.