January 2, 2014

2/22/2009 REVISITED

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not
consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your
faithfulness." -- (Lamentations 3:22-2)

February 22nd, 2009 was the date of my first post--Why This Blog.  I needed to revisit it today to remind myself of where I was almost five years ago.

Somewhere along the way I seem to have lost sight of what used to be most important in my life.  It happened so gradually, I never even noticed.  Like the frog in the proverbial boiling frog story, I was on my way to being "cooked."  Distracted by the worries of life and a desire for better things, I was allowing the word within me to be choked, just as Mark 4:19 warned it would be.  My eyes were growing dim, and my mind was clouding, as I turned my focus outwards instead of up.

Rescue came in the form of a friend who asked me to do a Bible study with her, a study that soon shook me out of my stupor.

I am very grateful to my friend, Tammi, and also to have revisited my blog today.  I needed this reminder that at the foot of the cross there is mercy and grace. There is forgiveness, healing, and deliverance. This is the place where the slate gets wiped clean and you can have a fresh start.

1 comment:

rcubes said...

Thank God no matter how far we stray He is always faithful to wait for us when we return. Anytime. Anywhere.