August 12, 2014

ON TAKING A BREATH AND LETTING GO

"You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You."
(Isaiah 26:3)

Sometimes I feel so frustrated I could scream.  What at first looks so promising falls through; I take two steps forward, only to take three back; situations that need straightening out can't be because my hands are tied and I can't get through to the people who might be able to help me.  I don't even know who could help me.  Obstacles, obstacles, and more obstacles at every turn.  Sometimes I get so tired of being alone and trying to fight my own battles, I find myself wishing for a husband, or a best friend, or just anyone who would be my champion and go to bat for me, at least some of the time.

And then this morning I opened an e-mail with the above verse (Isaiah 26:3) in it.  That was all, but it did get my attention and cause me to take a deep breath.  I started reading through the promises in my It Is Written book, and found many gentle reminders of His love for me, reminders that I am not alone, reminders that He is my champion, and that when I relinquish control and place my cares at the foot of the Cross, I can trust that He will work things out for my good and His glory.

No comments: