October 5, 2024

LET IT GO

Be still, and know that I am God. -- Psalm 46:10a

Letting go is what I'm working on.

When I obeyed the prompt to let it go in the midst of a very frustrating situation this week, all the inner turmoil I had been experiencing was instantly replaced with an amazing peace. It made me want to practice letting go of so much more than just frustrating situations.

There are many aspects of my life that feel overwhelming. 

Even though I know God is in control, that He loves me, and that I can trust Him, I'm still experiencing quite a bit of fear about the unknown, and about the things I can't control. 

My eyes are gradually being opened to the fact that most of my faith is in my head. It has not yet become incorporated into my heart. 

Writing this post feels a little scary, because it means if I truly mean what I say, and I do, my faith will be tested. This earth is like a classroom where those who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ are being conformed into His image, and the only way to know whether we have really learned a lesson or not, is by how we respond when we are tested. 

What the Lord has been showing me is that I have a long, long way to go.


Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. -- Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV

As my experience this week so aptly showed me, when we recognize God's sovereignty and let go, we leave room for Him to move, and His ways and His timing are so much better than ours.

****************************

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 4:6-7, NIV

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! -- Isaiah 26:3, NLT

No comments: