June 16, 2024

WHY DID YOU DOUBT?


Has there ever been a time when you
cried out to me that I haven't rescued
you? -- (Judges 10:12b, TLB)

Like the Israelites in Old Testament days, I too have cried out to the Lord many times when in a pit of fear or despair, and just as He always came to their rescue, He has always come to mine.

Sometimes my rescue has come at the 11:59th hour, and sometimes not in a way I expected or would have preferred, but one way or another, it has always come, leaving me with a combination of awe, gratitude beyond measure, marvel at my lack of faith, and shame for ever having had any doubts when the Lord has never failed me yet. 

Each time I feel sure I have finally learned my lesson to trust God instead of my eyes or my intellect, no matter how things may be looking in the natural. I promise myself that never again will I allow fear or doubt to gain the upper hand when faced with a similar test.

And then, just like the Israelites, whose reason for grumbling and complaining and being so full of doubts and fears I could never understand given all the mighty miracles they had seen the Lord perform, I too repeat the whole cycle all over again the very next time a re-test comes along.

Today I was looking for a bracelet to wear and came across this band. It says Choose This Day... (I added the dot-dot-dot). It seemed very timely. Hopefully it will serve as a reminder of God's faithfulness whenever I am afraid, as well as the promise I made to myself to choose faith instead of doubt.  

1 comment:

Sandi said...

It seems I am continually learning these lessons too. Maybe this is supposed to learned often...?