September 15, 2026

LEANING ON JESUS


When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place, it
won't be a dead end.  (Isaiah 43:2, MSG



Ever since the mind boggling miracle that took place this summer, I have been buffeted by all kinds of stressful situations. 

I needed the above reminder that no matter how things may be looking in the natural, no matter how scary or overwhelming, God is right there with me. I don't need to understand the whys and the wherefores. I just need to trust that He is in control, and no challenge can destroy or defeat me if I stand strong in the truth of His Word. 

This truth was again restated by a message in my Jesus Calling devotional. A message exhorting me to accept each day exactly as it comes--not just the circumstances, but the condition of  my body as well. (Very timely and personal, as the many challenges that felt as though they would topple me included both.)

Trust Jesus, it went on to say. Trust Him completely, and rest in His sovereignty and faithfulness--even on the days that your circumstances and physical condition feel out of balance and the demands on you seem greater than your strength (which is how it has felt almost daily for the last several weeks). 

On those days, it went on to say, you have a choice--give up or rely on Jesus to infuse you with His strength, moment by moment, as needed, throughout the day, 

I choose to rely on Jesus. He has never failed me yet.



No comments: