August 27, 2023

SECOND CHANCES


Trust in the LORD with all your 
heart and lean not on your own 
understanding; in all your ways 
submit to him, and he will make 
your paths straight. -- 
Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV

I really took the lesson in yesterday's post to heart. Praying this time it sticks.

Was going to go on an outing to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley with Joanne after church today.

Even though my back felt sort of okay, I started having all kinds of doubts. Maybe I should suggest we stay local and just take a walk on the trail since it's a bit of a trip to Winchester, and what if we get there and I can't walk--even with the rollator. Maybe I should take Motrin before setting out, just in case.

But then I decided no, I'm going to trust God to make it happen, and He did.

It was a beautiful day, not too hot when we started out. I did not take any Motrin, and I did not suggest staying local. So off to Winchester we went, and had a wonderful day. 

My rollator is awesome. With a couple of brief rests, I was able to walk around the gardens with Joanne, see all of the lego exhibit, and even the exhibits of miniatures in the gallery and in the Glen Burnie house. A total of approximately 3100 steps with no pain except for the occasional stiffness and ache that was quickly relieved by a few minutes of sitting on my rollator seat.

When we got home I even had enough energy left to make us some lunch,

Had I trusted in the voices in my head instead of in the Lord, I would have missed out on a wonderful gift of a very special outing with a very special daughter.


No comments: